We've just completed week 20 of Tapestry of Grace Year 2, a study of Jamestown. Oh, how good this is to revisit a topic and see how much the twins remember!
Our first unit study as homeschoolers back in 2010 was a study of this first permanent American settlement. We then went chronologically through American History, but, around the point of World War 1, I discovered Tapestry of Grace and decided to change course and start a new plan with Ancient Times.
I now know first hand how much of a joy this four-year classical education cycle of history can be in our homeschool!
In the spirit of a weekly wrap up, here's what we did this week:
* Watched Pocahontas as a family (just like we did back in 2010)
* Browsed educational materials and videos at historyisfun.org
* Completed the TOG geography assignments about North America and began our memory work of the 13 colonies (much easier this go around, but review is still needed)
* Read books about Jamestown, King James I and Galileo
* Completed more lessons for All About Spelling (affiliate link)
* Loads of yard work!
That was our only "normal" school work this week, as we focused most if the schooling hours on their end if year test. Usually I don't get around to their annual standardized test until July, so I'm feeling pretty on top of things right now!
Okay, I was feeling accomplished... Until I just looked over at the laundry pile. Back to work I go!